Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day Three.

Wednesday.



I have almose completed the 3D room.

Since yesterday i said i have two problems with the door and book shelve, i am STILL having the same problem.


I did get e-mails from Jack back which was good! he told me how to select the door handle but then i noticed that i couldnt just select the door WITHOUT the handle. I know that they are parented together but i don't know the best way to just select it!


It's going to be something easy like "unparent then re parent" or something, im just tired.

So anyway i e-mailed Jack back with the problem and made another crappy discription for him to look at.
Also Jack had e-mailed me asking if my "cupboard" (i think he ment BOOK SHELVE) rendered okay. So i checked it and some of the textures look right, but then the other ones look like 60's designs!! i have no idea how to fix it! so i rendered 3 pictures and sent them to Jack aswell.


Yesterday i had printed off the LAST of the UVs and made a copy of them with my LightBox. Today i painted them, scanned them in the computer, edited them in Photoshop and then finally assigned them to there object!


The room is complete with textures with only the door and book shelve to fix. (AND if i need to fix the textures because of the renders!!! and i hope i don't have to!!)


OOHHH and also i would have finished this earlier today but because the storm started with thunder and lighting, i didnt want to risk working on my computer. Last time it was really windy and stormy I was almost done safely removing my hard drive till the power went out for just a second, and my computer turned off!


Of course i was in a massive panic, when my computer turned back on it kept coming up with an error and was going in loops turning on, have error, restart. same thing over and over. I CRIED!! my computer is everything and i use it all the time.(and yes i have back up of my work) The way i fixed it was to force shut down then restart in safe mode, when i was in safe mode i shut it down normaly then i started it up again and it worked fine.


I have no idea how i got the idea to do it, but it worked.
AND one more thing, Maya kept crashing on me when i was working. i noticed it started to happen when i deleted a texture from an item and it turns green, when i try and select it again, an error comes up. I fixed the texture by selecting the object in the side bar and using the hypershade to assign the new shader.

No comments:

Post a Comment