Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day Ten.

Let's see, today I did work but there was some problems.
I'm using Toon Boom for animating and because I don't have the final renders of my background I'm using the image sequence from the playblast.
With the playblast a few of the items were textured, when I imported the image into Toon Boom the textured area would either go white or just disappear.

I have no idea how to fix it, I'm thinking because it's low quality image. I'll only find out on the day back at uni.
Anyway!!! The images that imported are also too big so I had to scale them to the same size, I noticed that one was a little bit off and jumped a bit so I thought I might as well do a render to see what it looks like, if it's super noticeable.
So I did a .mov file and all that and then when I went to watch it there was just toon boom logos all over it!! It was so annoying!
So I tried making it a .swf file and it just said the word digital all over the render! The background went black with a section of white showing (where the texture should be) PRETTY MUCH it was frustrating and I didn't know what to do!

So then I thought ohh crap Jarrod is using the same program as well I better tell him and maybe he might know how to fix it. So I rang him and he didn't know either but he also checked his computer as well.

I also had a look on the web and found out that it does that because it's not the full version of the program -LAME!!
So then Jarrod called Sean who contacted me and Sean was pretty much asking me to try different exporting and it wasn't working, I even sent him a picture. Then finally he said to email the file and he will have a look.
He found out how with a exporting section called 'openGL frames' pretty much it's an image sequence and you put it in after effects and fix it up.

It was such a relief to know that it was still good to use toon boom because I did do a bit of work in it. Ohh yeah and I found a better way to export, in the OpenGL section there is a make movie section and you just choose the right settings and it works.there is no need for image sequence and having to put it all in after effects. So I told Jarrod and told him how to make a movie.

It's all good FOR NOW! Something annoying always happens!!

Ohh yeah! And I texted Bounnong to see how he was, so he wouldn't feel left out :) hahaha
I also looked up some tutorials on ToonBoom and After Effects.

And tomorrow I'm going to get me a new laptop that can handle all the programs I use and not spaz out on me.

And that's the end of that chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment