Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Goodbye holidays.......If thats your real name!!!???

Problems everywhere!

Okay so its first day back, it was very good.
During the holidays when i had talked to Jarrod about the problems with ToonBoom he had actually e-mailed Darren to see if he knew anything about it, or what we should do.
Darren only got back to Jarrods email yesterday because of email issues. However it wasnt a problem because Darren went in detail what Jarrod and I should do and try before thinking of a different plan.

I had my laptop with me to show Darren the issues we were having and trying to click different options as well. BUTTTTTTTTTTTT for some reason when trying to click the "video options" or any button that relates to changing options around wouldnt work! I dont know if i didnt install the program right but that shouldnt happen. Anyway Dareen said to try it at home on my main computer.

Darren told me to try and export my tests as a PNG sequence and with bitmap. If it works to then import the sequence into after effects and then export into image sequence. Then download a program called 'Pencil' and try and import the image sequence into that and if it works then i can do my complete 2D there.

Darren also said that id the export has the logo on it, it shouldnt be a problem as a pencil test and that if i was to import it into a different program i can draw over it. But when I exported it as a .mov the background becomes black and the logo flashes everywhere!! so i actually cant use it as a reference.
The PNG is the same as a IFF, the image opens up in a 'Fcheck' which is a Maya thing. But it did work as an image sequence.
The PNG can be imported into After Effects. And i downloaded 'Pencil' to add the image sequence pencil test in. TWO PROBLEMS, first one is i tried exporting some crappy tests and it wouldnt export, and two, when you select import the only option you have is "PALETTE"

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so many problems. So everything that Darren told me to do either worked a bit or didnt work at all. BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment