Tuesday, October 18, 2011

fixing textures.

Today i explained and showed Jack the final rendered pictures from my 3D room and how horrible the textures look. It seems that the pictures were resized to small and thats why some of the textures (mostly on the walls) are really blurry. So Jack spent a long time with me making a MEL script in Maya that can select all the small pictures and change them over to the orginal size picture.

There were a few problems with the script not working but Jack got it to work after a good hour. Maya did have a crash as well, but we were saving the file every time, so there wasnt really any problem.
After Jack showed me how to work the script, i went through and changed over the images. There was however one texture that i had to fix up which was the wall with the window. Just moving the UVs around to fit the texture.



(picture of when Maya crashed, Jack working on the script and telling me to get a pen and paper and write it down)

So now on Friday i have to do another render, this time it will be a high quality render and the textures will be detailed. Jack said that he can get to uni early on Friday to help me out with the render which is really helpful and i really appreciate it!! so he will get to uni at 10am, i will be there at 9am and go over everything to make sure its all perfect and then render time! AND remember to tell Jack to make the file a .JPEG and the size 1920x1080.
So while thats rendering i can try and animate. Jack hasnt seen any of my animating and i would like for him to check it out and give me some pointers. I dont like animating much but i want to get better at it.

I cant wait for Friday, things are kinda working out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment