Tuesday, October 25, 2011

renders are betters.

Today I showed Jack the problems I was having with the renders.
I told him i tried rendering at home and didnt work, so I wrote the render command wrong.

The main problem with my renders were the textures being really pixelated. This was happening because the UVs for the texture were covering only a little section from the whole of 2048pixels. I painted my textures and scanned them in, i never cropped just the texture to its fullest and i ended up having massive patches of white around the textures which includes the width and height of the pixels. so i was losing detail because of this.

The way it was fixed, Jack did some crazy Maya Magic and he fixed it.. okay he actually told me that close ups are really crap in 3D! (I DIDNT KNOW THAT!! NO ONE TOLD ME!!) and i have many close ups :) next thing was to look through the master camera and see how much of the area is seen. Then select the faces of the area seen and cut it from the original and make it separate. Then make the UVs bigger and assign a new texture to the new cut out.
The only thing was that i only had one copy of the textures i used and they were small.
So he said that we need to use a bigger texture and the only big textures i have are the walls. so now the close up sections are fixed with bigger textures.
I just hope that no body notices the jumping of different textures on the same item. hahaha

Jack helped me make another render batch and off it went.
while checking the pictures, one of them came out looking like 60's wall paper. this happened by not deleting history on the item.
Then on my own i made a new render batch and got rid of the frames that were already rendered and then it continued rendering.

It should be allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll good!!! need to animate, need to animate.

No comments:

Post a Comment