Tuesday, August 2, 2011

holidays.

I'm already in week 2 from having a relaxing holiday.
During the holidays i planned to have the first week off and relax and then once it hit the second week i would smash into my animation...... LIKE THAT HAPPENED!!

On Saturday of the first week i got really sick and stayed sick for the whole month of June!! so my plan to work on my animation did'nt work out the way i wanted it to be.
So during the staring of July i planned out what i had to do, what programs i need to use, what i should work on first and eeeetttcccccccccccc....

I made it as a work flow plan, so i had what scene, shot, what type of medium (2D, 3D), program used and what work flow that is used in that program and file name that the work will be saved under.

i also organised my 3D world, most of my 3D elements were done in first semester, i have a few more items that need to be created such as 2x toys, walls with a door, plaster broken walls with wooden beams in the cracks, pencils, paint brushs and paper.
i will also need to work on a texture and lighting.

For my 2D world i did heaps of playing around and doing heaps of set up designs on what i wanted my colour world to look like. I'm not very good at photoshop, i know some of the basics but i thought that i wouldnt be able to create what i imagined onto the screen. I kept working on my colour world and started to get the hang of it! it was really fun, i started to download some brushes and used youtube tutorials to add them into Photoshop.
So now i have a basic structure of what my colour world will look like.

My main character Alice is to be created in 2D as well. I've decided to use the program ToonBoom to animate.
I've done a few test drawings of her, really rough tests so once i finish my 3D world i can work on animating her.

While i was working on Alice, i got some ideas to change some of my storyboards. I know its really not a good time to be changing my idea, but the changes actually make the story make more sense. Sooooooo it should be good!!

There is a scene in my animation where Alice draws the door and magical swirls come out from the sides. I was trying to do some pencil tests in ToonBoom and it wasnt working out the way i wanted it to be. Well i actually found many problems that i didnt know how to fix, so i made a list in my diary of things i didnt know how to do so i could get help with them on the day back at uni.

Hope i can get my problems worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment