Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Working on UVs and Textures.

Hey!

I feel really good right now! I was stressed out about all my 3D work that i have to do, but feel like I've done some productive work today.

I have Jack on Wednesdays and everyone worked on their animations.
Jack said to me that he got my e-mail... but he did'nt write back. (mean)
So he helpped me with my UVs and showed me a different way of breaking down an item in the UV Texture Editor.

There was a problem where one of my items which is the book shelve had been RoadKilled last semester and for some reason when looking at the layout of it today...... well it was a mess!!!
Jack spent sometime with me breaking down each section. Thanks heaps :D

After that i took UV Snapshots from the Texture Editor and saved them.
When i got home i did the rest of the room and took pictures and also made a list of items i wasn't to sure of or had a problem with it.







My writing is really messy!!







I also realised that when i finished printing out the book shelve some of the layouts look a bit confusing so i went back into the editor to see which section is what by highlighting them in the editor window which shows the section i highlighted in the scene window.

I opened up the book shelve and it's returned to its original state, so its a mess!!
i'm hoping that this doesn't effect the texture when i organise it onto my item.
I e-mailed Jack and told him, so i just have to wait till he tells me if its good or bad.

So what i did so far before posting this is -
- I finished off the UVs that i could do.
- Made a list of UVs i couldn't do.
- Printed out the UVs i saved and
- Used the lightbox to make a painting copy.

I was thinking of doing some painting straight after but remembered that i have a Performance for Screen essay due next week, so i'm going to work on it now and maybe later do some painting.


OOOHHHH Yeah!!!! i almost forgot! I made a "NEW DOOR 3D TEXTURE FOLDER" folder to put all my print outs of the UVs and the paintings that i do for them. It's almost full and i haven't even done any new paintings! so I'll be taking a trip to Officeworks soon-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment