Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A problem with ToonBoom.

Today i had a class with Darren, and he went around the class talking to each person about their 7 week milestones.
While he was talking to other people i was organising my new shots for my storyboards.

Once it was my turn, i spoke to Darren about Friday night and getting someone for my music, i showed him the list of foley that i wrote down and he said i should have a look at the sound library that we have in the learning commons so i need to do that. I alos showed him what i was up to in my 3D room, pretty much the texure folder of paintings and then!!!! the last thing on my list was 75% of keys done for my character.
I did heaps of rough tests over the holidays in ToonBoom and wanted to show him, BUT!! it would'nt work!
the file would open up in the program but when you moved the time slider nothing would show in the scene window!!
All the key frames could be seen in the timeline but that was it :(

I started to do the "oh ho" "ohhh nooooo" "please just workkkkkk" and wanting to flip the table and throw the computer!!

Darren had a look for me and tried clicking things and pressing buttons but we still couldn't see anything! i had said to him that it could be that my ToonBoom at home is a different version to the one at uni. So we made a new project on the uni computer so i could test it at home.

SO now i've been thinking about it hoping that it will work at home! I get home and open up the file that didn't work at uni........................................and guess what? it works!!
HOWEVERRRRRRRRRRR!!! i opened up the new project i made at uni and it doesn't work on my computer!

This means whatever work i do at home i can't even continue on it at uni and vise versa.
The plan is to try and get my laptop up and running so i can take it to uni.

No comments:

Post a Comment