Wednesday, August 3, 2011

i like turtles.

well today i had a class with Jack and i just remembered i forgot to get the recordings he did in class!! bloody hell!!!


ANYWAYY!!

ill get them tomorrow or something.


so today i had minor animation project class and i made a "items to be complete for 3D world" list. Jack showed me how to get the UV layer of my wall and put it into photoshop, then find some wooden panel textures and plaster wall textures.


after that he showed me how to use the clone tool in photoshop and clone different areas of the plaster texture and paint the area of the UV layer.


Jack then showed me how to make a crack in the wall so that you could see the wooden panels behind on another layer.


I really wish i had a recording of what he showed me. i wish i had a recording of EVERYTHING i got tought!! or have a better memory!! because its crap!!


so anyway after that, Jack said i shouldnt worry about my textures or lighting right now, the main thing i should get done and out of the way is keying my camera moves and following it to my animatic. so i started doing it and i was having a bit of an off morning because i was kinda starting to stress out about not getting everything done! and not completing this animation.


i just kept thinking and saying "why did i choose to do this in 3d?" "why didnt i just use a program that i knew!" but i remembered that i wanted to learn more about 3D and that working hard will really pay off.... i do like a challenge.


i think i find that i know what im doing in Maya but i feel that i need jack next to me to tell me if im doing it right. i just need to believe in myself more.


okay so after that class finished at 12pm i had 3 hours to kill before having a lecture with Mr Adam Elliot the director of Mary and Max. so during the 3 hours which went really fast! well im actually going to take away a hour for eating lunch and going to my car. so i had 2 hours.

























i worked on my camera moves and only got 4 done.. which isnt a lot of work, but i also did help Nils with some of his work and try to find some music on youtube.


so then at 3pm we went and saw Adam Elliot! which was really good! he was a really good speaker and pretty much answered all questions that i wanted to ask him. so i never asked him a question. he talked about how he started out and how he got to where he is today, and it was really interesting. i admir that he has been offered directing jobs in america and could be recieving heaps of money, but turned them down to stick to his own ideas and work in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment